Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mouse wont click first time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jusenkyo

Programmer
Aug 16, 2002
GB
Hello all

I have an Intellimouse explorer that has just started to behave funny.
If you click somewhere, it doesnt register until you click a second time, sometimes even a third time!
I am having to triple click icons!

Anyone heard of this before? Could be a driver problem maybe?

Cheers
J

I have the same problem. Could it be a virus? My norton comes up clean!

Yeah, ive scanned, run adaware and various other spy softwares.

Found nuthin.

Ive allso run registry mechanic to no avail...

Still getting this problem!

Ive tried everything I can think of now! Driver updates, USB updates, uninstalling both...

It even doesnt click sometimes in games! It seems the more you click, the more it works, but if you dont click for a while, the first click doesnt work!

HELP!!!

Could be a hardware problem in the mouse itself. Have you tried plugging in a different mouse?

Ill try it tonight. But I cant imagine there would be such a pattern to a hardware problem.

Usually, if its a problem with the mouse, you can feel it, or it will work if you click in a certain way.

This problem only occurs on the first click of the mouse after a few minutes away... and somedays it works perfect, and others it take 3/4 clicks to get it to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back