Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mouse Wheel Worries

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeuseason

Technical User
Nov 1, 2003
US
Has anyone experienced their mouse wheel acting funny? I'm extremely dependent on the wheel using it for zooming in/out and panning. For some reason when I try to zoom in/out it will change from a zoom option to a scroll option! Why is this?? It is very inconsistent because a fresh AutoCAD session works wonderfully from the start but after a few seconds, the scrolling kicks in and I can't zoom with the wheel!

If it changes after awhile, maybe there is a lisp routine or something else that is changing the mouse settings. Try the below routine out:
Code:
 ;|			midbutton.lsp
      		Enter mb at command line to toggle
     		middle button from osnap menu to pan
|;

(defun C:mb ()
  (if (= (getvar "mbuttonpan") 0)
    (progn
      (setvar "mbuttonpan" 1)
      (prompt "\nMiddle Button set to Pan.")
    )					;progn 
    (progn
      (setvar "mbuttonpan" 0)
      (prompt "\nMiddle Button set to Osnap Menu.")
    )					;progn 
  )					;if 
  (princ)
)					;defun 
(prompt "To use, enter mb at the command line.")
(princ)
If this routine doesn't help, then you have to change the mouse settings in the Control Panel > Mouse.

Flores

Have you installed a Logitech mouse? Logitech software prevents the zoom/pan mousewheel option from working.
Uninstall the Logitech software and all will be well. To date, I have lost no mouse functionality as a result of doing this.

That is what it appears to be so far. I've disabled Intellipoint software for AutoCAD and so far so good! I just have to keep my fingers crossed because it happens randomly. Thanks for the input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back