Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mouse Wheel Scrolling in VBA Code Window Problem 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaulana

Technical User
Jul 31, 2001
US
I've read the post on this not uncommon problem, but cannot find a driver for my Logitech Compaq mouse. The Control Panel control for the mouse doesn't even list a wheel to control or change settings for. The strange thing is that the scroll wheel *does* work in the Project and Properties windows of the VBA editor, but not in the Code window. Not that much of a hassle, but perturbing at times. I guess some are just destined to be unable to wheel-scroll in all software.

Bob

Kaulana (aka New Daddy Bob)

I have the same problem as Bob. I've downloaded all the latest drivers for my logitech mouse but still no scroll in the code and immediate windows. There must be a menu somewhere that needs a checkbox checked or something.

Ben

That worked! I have a logitech mouse but the intellipoint drivers worked and allow me to scroll in the VBE.

Thanks Wayne, have a star.

Ben

Indeed, Wayne, the first time I tried the link it didn't work, but after reading Ben's post, I tried it again, it worked, I downloaded the stuff, now I can scroll in the code window. Thanks.

Bob aka kaulana

Kaulana (aka New Daddy Bob)

I was having the same problem with my Logitec Optical mouse! I kind of got used to not being able to scroll in the VBE, but now I can and have to get used to it again! [rofl]

Have a star from me too!

Peace! [peace]

Mike

Never say Never!!!
Nothing is impossible!!!

Thanks for the Stars guys. Just glad it helped. Not being able to scroll in the vbe window plagued me for months, but Microsoft Intellipoint does seem to work with any mouse. Happy Coding :) (And Happy Fathers day to all the dads in the world)(Its fathers day tomorrow in Austrlia)

This will fix any problems if you cannot fix it with just the most recent mouse software (mine would not fix with the most recent Intellipoint driver from microsoft, nor logitechs driver)

Try this program (this will fix any scrolling issues with any programs (or so it seems) - just took seconds.. I posted in a thread I started about the same topic:

I found an answer! Apparently, for some reason, in some cases, the VBA code window does not natively support the scrolling from a mouse. Don't know if it's a bad installation or what. However, there is a way around it. I found a free small program called "freewheel" on the web. Just go to I just installed it, and immediately can use the scroll in my VBA code window! Awesome app!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back