Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mouse wheel not functional when trying to use the scrollback buffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPederman

Vendor
Mar 2, 2004
US
Hello,

I use Procomm to access my Nortel CS1000M. When I want to scroll back through the screen capture, the Mouse wheel will not work. The scroll wheel works OK for all other programs. I tried different mouse drivers and settings but it did not fix the issue. I tried hovering over the scroll bar itself and that didn't work either.

I have Procomm 4.8 Build 71 and mouse driver 5.1.2600.0. I have a WinXP SP2 machine.

This is not a huge problem, but a pain in the arse.

Anyone overcome this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Scrolling mouse support seems to be hit our miss from my experience. You might try seeing if you can get updated mouse drivers if you are not using the standard Microsoft drivers to see if that may help the issue. I don't think mice with scroll wheels really came out for the most part until the tail end of Procomm's development, so that could be an issue as well.

The thread looks like a good solution. Thanks for responding. The only problem is the Procomm I use resides on a PC for a large company and they don't allow individual users to install programs on their PC's.

Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back