Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mouse Wheel Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenTitus

Programmer
Jan 16, 2003
US
Hello I have a problem with my mouse wheel being able to go through records in the database. I tried looking at the article from microsoft knowledge base but that example involves using visual basic 6.0. Unfortunately my computer only has access on it. I don't have 6.0 or .net. I was wondering if there was anyway to solve this mouse wheel problem strickly in access? This problem needs resolved soon because it is due to go into implemenation soon. Thanks in Advance

Is what you're trying to say that you don't want users to be able to use their mouse wheel to scroll through the previous records? If this is correct, then are the users allowed to see the records at all, or should they just be data entry?

Wally Bahny

They should just be Data Entry. I used the code for using only access in the above link and i get an error that says duplicate option statement.

This isn't a sure-fire fix, but if you look through the properties in your form, there's a property called "DataEntry". This will keep users from being able to see any previous records, unfortunately their mouse wheel will still be able to scroll through any records they have put in since they last opened the form.

Wally Bahny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back