Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mouse/Pointers/Scheme...Dropdown Menue Lost 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

podunkalley

Technical User
Feb 1, 2005
US
Sometime in the past two months, I have lost the ability to change my POINTER SELECTION. It appears that I have lost my
Pointer scheme Dropdown Menue (Mouse Properties). When I select
it, I get a choice of two, NONE or the current pointer setting that I am presently using, and no others. I have checked my hard drive, and found the Windows cursor file, and all of the various cursors are there...But being new at this, I don't know how to get my dropdown menue to restore, if posible......
Can anyone point me in the right direction.... Thank You
PDA

I had the same problem as podunkalley, although I had a few more schemes available - four in total. I'm not sure what happened to the others, but they were all gone. For some unknown reason, I seem to have lost all my system restore points too, so the HP solution didn't appeal to me. Long story short is POLMafia's Cursors.zip solution did the trick. After unzipping, I just clicked the registry file, and "POOF" all the schemes were back! Thanks!

I do beleive that if one cannot find the solution to their problem ,on this site.... lots of luck !!!! I have found none better!!
I have had three situations, and I am batting 1000%....
Thanks to those that take a little time, and SHARE !!!!

"PODUNK SAID SO"

P.S. New thread forthcoming, if this "Ole Grampa", can't whip
it on my own.......Thanks to All !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back