Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mouse-over text/object

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Normally i use flash for this actionscripts. But im not sure how its applied in director. What i need is a mouse over effect on a text that will call out a movieclip that plays text as a sub-link. Any ideas guys ?

This is kinda a tricky one in Director. I'd like to tell you there's a solution, but there is no easy one.
Unlike Flash, Director runs on a single linear timeline, rather than a few simultaneous ones. So what you want to do is rather difficult. My suggestion is to design your interface (if thats what it is) in Flash, and import it into director (the two run nicely together) or if you're set on using director alone, then you'll have to direct it to a part of the one timeline where you have the desired animation running and then a "Jump back" on rolloff.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back