Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mouse out of control!

Status
Not open for further replies.

concomp

Technical User
Jan 2, 2002
CA
Recently my mouse (Belkin Scroll Mouse) developed a mind of its own. With a single left click it responds as if I had clicked multiple times (anywhere from 2 to 4 actions). The only way to avoid this is to gently click, hold the button down for a second or so, then release.
I've tried modifying all the mouse button speed settings but even most extreme settings have no effect. I've also pulled the mouse apart, cleaned the moving parts, etc., still no change.

try another mouse...the electric components seem to be a little out of whack. sounds like a hardware problem because if you "play" with the mouse, it seems to fix...just go pick up a $9.99 mouse or borrow one and see if it helps. Taylor
MCP, MCSE, A+

I had a microsoft scroll mouse "hanging around" so I switched. Everything is now normal.
The Belkin is now dead and buried........ RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back