Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mouse moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

guava65

Programmer
Jul 20, 2001
US
I have a colleague that has a Compac notebook running W2K. When he moves his mouse and lifts his finger from the little mouse button, the mouse stops then moves another few pixels in the direction he just moved.

Is there any reason why this would happen?

Any help will be appreciated.

Mahalo,
cg

I am assuming the mouse button you are talking about is the button mouse set into the keyboard - right? Very often the mechanism gets a bit "gummed up" which means the control isn't very precise. The older and more worn the mechanism is the longer it takes for the mouse to return to it's neutral position, so the mouse pointer continues to march across the screen after you have let it go.

make sure there is nothing jammed around the mouse and give it a good wiggle to free it up. If this doesn't work you will need to get an engineer to clean or replace it.

Have you tried upgrading the mouse drivers, check compacs website to see if they have updated the driver. I have had this problem with a few dell laptops and the driver update has cured them everytime.

Si

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back