Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mouse in full screen mode 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fidhle

Programmer
May 2, 2001
US
I am working on an application with mouse support. I just added a call to Windows Explorer. It works fine when the application runs in a Window but if you switch to full screen mode, the mouse cursor 'disappears' when the user returns to the application. I know the mouse is there because using FuncKy mouse functions, I verified it is active and where it is. It just doesn't display.

The only reference I have found on the web said that their solution was to discourage users from working in full screen mode. This must be a common problem - any ideas on how to force it to display?

Clipper 5.2e
Blinker 6
Funcky mouse functions

Thanks for any suggestions you might have!

Try disabling the mouse cursor, just before switching to the external program, and re-enabling when returning from the external app. This *usually* fixes this problem AFAIK.

HTH
TonHu

TonHu,

Thanks for your response. I had done that and was getting pretty frustrated. Then in researching another problem, I noticed that right after turning the mouse off, the program was calling a customized screen save function instead of savescreen(). The customized function was turning the mouse off, saving the screen and turning the mouse back on. So my efforts at turning the mouse off were useless because this left the mouse on just before the call to Explorer. Once I went back to the savescreen() command, the mouse is now behaving correctly in full screen mode. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back