Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mouse - doing strange stuffs alone - VIRUS???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiaMeX

Programmer
Jul 31, 2003
US
hi guys! please help me with this problem on my pc just happened this morning. it's a problem on my mouse that when i move it over, even just a little bit, it will do some strange stuff like jumpin to start menu, acting like i am clicking the right button or the left button, opening some folders,jumpin' to other part of the screen and aimlessly do what he wants! yesterday, i installed an emulator software from my friend and i think that was the reason why this strange thing happen.. i think i was strucked by a virus. do you think so? or just an error on the mouse driver? please help me. thank you so much!...

You have the option to uninstall your friend's program or using System Restore to go back to before any problems. See if these threads help you.

Mouse has mind of its own!
thread779-446207

Mouse issues
thread779-810135

Removing adware & spyware
faq608-4650

Hi there,

please check your AUTOSTART progies (those that start with windows as you boot up)... tell me what type and name of the Emulator?

is your Mouse a wireless one, ie. using either BlueTooth or RadioWaves? if so have you tried a standard USB or PS/2 mouse yet? if so does it still do this? if it doesn't act like it did before, than you know that something is interfering with your mouse...

Run both AdAware and SpyBot S&D, Run an AntiVirus progie (up to date of course), run an Anti-Trojan progie, like The Cleaner... Post back here...

Ben

If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer...

i already tried the system restore and tried to go to the settings before i installed the emulator. do you think it's just an hardware issue?

Hi there,

one if it is a Hardware problem, then System Restore will not work for you...

if it is a Virus, then System Restore will not work for you either...

like I mentioned before, run all these progies... and make sure that you turn of the System Restore, as some 'badies' out there use it to reenable themselves...

Ben

ok. Maybe i just post my questions later when i already done running those progies... thankyou so much!

No, Post back here... so that we can follow on that what you have already done...

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back