Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mouse Clicks not Working in Sections Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

socalvelo

Technical User
Jan 29, 2006
US
Crystal Reports ver 2016
Applies to all data sources
Windows 10

This has been an ongoing issue. It used to resolve itself by closing all reports, and restarting Crystal.
Now it's permanent.

In the Sections Area to the left in both Preview and Design, when right clicking a mouse, the menu will pop up.
However, when highlighting any items in the pop-up menu, nothing happens. I want to suppress and un-suppress sections from the sections area with a mouse. Plus many other functions available from there.
I'm forced to open the section expert from the report menu or clicking Alt-R-C.

Has anyone experienced this and were able to resolve the issue? I saw this same issue on the SAP forum where someone was advised to delete a Business Object directory from the registry. It did not work for this person.

I have reinstalled the software and all updates are installed. I don't know if its an issue in Crystal or the Windows 10 machine but it doesn't happen anywhere else.

Thanks in advance.

I have a similar issue when using a laptop, and where Crystal is on a second monitor.

What I have found works is, rather than right clicking in the Sections Area and then using left clicks to make the selection, right click and drag the mouse to the appropriate selection.

Not sure if this is even the same issue you are experiencing but it would be worth trying.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Pete

Pete,

I think you are on to something here!!! I kept thinking it was a fault in Crystal.

I'm using Remote Desktop to work on a server and I do have a separate monitor connected to my laptop. I'm finding that moving the mouse around to different areas in the Sections Area gives me connectivity to the pop-up menu, but it's very inconsistent. I'll have to play around with it and find the sweet spot.

You're method definitely is working for me. Thank you so much.

Cheers,
Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back