Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mounting Win. NT volume from AIX 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

grumman

Programmer
May 23, 2000
US
I am trying to find 3rd party software for AIX that will enable me to mount a Windows NT volume.&nbsp;&nbsp;Any suggestions will be very much appriciated.<br><br>Ryan

Have you taken a look at Samba?&nbsp;&nbsp;(<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> can't speak from personal experience as to how well (or otherwise!) it compiles under AIX, but every other Unix box I've ever thrown it at has been OK.&nbsp;&nbsp;(Including a couple of real obscure ones.)<br><br>Might be worth a look.

Thanks, <br><br>I totally forgot about Samba.&nbsp;&nbsp;One thing that I noticed though is that connections only seem to go one way.&nbsp;&nbsp;Is it possible for the Unix box to be the client to a Windows NT box?<br><br>

I'm like AndyBo in that I haven't had a chance to play with it on AIX, but it should work just fine once you get the samba.conf file tweaked.&nbsp;&nbsp;Get the precompiled stuff at <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> although there's newer code at <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> .&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes, you can go the other way using the smbmount command.&nbsp;&nbsp;Syntax is &quot;smbmount \\ntbox\share /unixmountpoint&quot; but just remember to &quot;smbumount /unixmountpoint&quot; when done or you may get some freaky file system error messages *when* (I don't mean if) the NT system goes down. :)<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back