Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mounting/dismounting Exchange information stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeQA

Programmer
Sep 29, 2008
US
Hi,

I've searched high and low for information on being able to mount and dismount exchange information stores (public folders and mailbox(es)) but I have yet to find anything on it. Most of what I've come across said it isn't possible to do it. I can't believe they wouldn't have that in a hidden switch of some form for that purpose. Reason I am needing this is for automated testing purposes for backups/restores. The backup piece is easy enough, but I can't do an information store restore with the stores mounted, hence looking for a way to do it from the command line (test will be in perl).

Thanks if someone has this information/pointer to this!

Mike

First, this is probably better posted in a version specific Exchange forum such as forum955 or forum1582.

Second, since you don't mention which version of Exchange, we can't answer your question. It's very possible to mount and/or dismount in some versions.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Hi Pat,

I wasn't aware/didn't see those forums. I'll go visit them shortly. And basically initially I was wanting to be able to do this with 2003 but since we started testing with 2007 both would be nice to be able to do it. I'm checking the link you sent. Thanks and sorry for not posting in the right forum.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back