Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mounting CDROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

jecausey

MIS
May 23, 2007
US
I have 2 Ent 3500 machines that I can't mount a cdrom on. One of the 2 actually had a cd mounted in it and I used the eject command to unmount and eject the cd. It worked but I cannot mount any cd any more.

Both machines act in this way:

1. I run eject /cdrom and the command prompt hangs and nothing ejects. Looking at mount, there is nothing mounted. I now cannot open either of the cdrom drives. (Btw, I am not in the current mount dir)
2. This is after both machines kept opening the cdrom case over and over, then they both closed and can no longer be opened.

iostat -En says the drives are at c1t6do. I tried:
eject /cdrom (with volmgr running) - didn't eject
stopped volmgr and ran:
eject /dev/dsk/c1t6do - failure again

I then completely powered down the system and tried again - failure again.

Also, I can't boot from a cdrom. At OK prompt I type boot cdrom and it just hangs forever. I tried giving it full path to cdrom also but same result.

What am I missing here? I have even changed out the cdrom with another known working cdrom and I get same response.

Thanks much!

Check your /etc/inetd.conf file for this (all one line):

100155/1 tli rpc/ticotsord wait root /usr/lib/smedia/rpc.smserverd rpc.smserverd

Reboot or start and stop initd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back