Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mounted File Volumes under Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbitzko

Programmer
Apr 5, 2005
US
I'm using IWIDGETS:EXTFILESELECTIONBOX to display a file selection dialog. When I attempt to access either a mounted volumn or a network drive, it does not traverse the directory volumn correctly. For example, if I specify under FILE the path c:/Tmp, everthing is what would be expected. However, if I specify a mounted or network drive such as \\BlackBox\tmp, it becomes confused as I attempt to navigate the directory tree. The standard windows commands work fine, for example to select "My Network Places" and then to navigate down \\BlackBox\tmp.

Is this a limitation, do I have to enable certain capability, or should I be using an alternative TCL library function?

Is it just a typo or did you try [red]//[/red]BlackBox[red]/[/red]tmp?

I have never used IWidgets but the standard tk_getOpenFile has always worked fine for me across networks and such.

Thanks - I tried the alternative syntax, and that still gave me a bad path. It may be a limitation. The tk_getOpenFile seems to work. In this case - it's probably better to use something that works versus something that does not. I'll switch. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back