Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mount/cdrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

noka

Technical User
Apr 30, 2000
DE
i am not able to read the directory of a mounted cdrom on a hpux 9.07. no problem to mount the cd but the dir-entries look like: data;1 ...<br>i think this version has problems with newly created iso9660-images. any advise?<br>thx<br>noka

Try:<br><br>mount -F cdfs -o cdcase /dev/dsk/cXtXdX /cdrom<br><br>If that does not wor, you will need to use pfs_mount.&nbsp;&nbsp;Make sure you have the latest pfs patch installed:<br>PHCO_15453<br><br>Then, start the apprpriate demons:<br>nohup /usr/sbin/pfs_mountd &<br>nohup /usr/sbin/pfsd &<br>veify 4 pfs processes running (mountd, mountd.rpc, pfsd, pfsd.rpc).<br>Then mount your drive.&nbsp;&nbsp;You will need to either create an /etc/pfs_fstab file with the mounting options specified or specify them on the command line:<br><br>ex. of file:<br>/dev/dsk/c1t2d0 /cdrom pfs-rrip xlat=unix 0 0

What's happening is that I've got an ISO filesystem with long file names. Older Operating Systems do not support this. Most unices support this now, Linux, BSD, and Solaris, are a couple. Maybe try updating to a newer version of HP-UX?<br>&nbsp;

hello caliban, hello mikeadams,<br>both of you are right. i'had to install a patch called PHKL_6075. but this doesn't solve my problems.<br>i need to upgrade my os because the application i want to install does not only use long filenames. it will not work on this 9.07 hpux.<br>thx<br>noka<br>

hpux 9x? you had any trouble with y2k issues? <p>Mike<br><a href=mailto:michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com>michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com</a><br><a href= Cargill's Corporate Web Site</a><br>Please -- Don't send me email questions without posting them in Tek-Tips as well. Better yet -- Post the question in Tek-Tips and send me a note saying "Have a look at so-and-so in the thingy forum would you?"

yes of course. there was and is trouble with y2k, but this machine is only for test - puposes so not really a problem ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back