Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOTOROLA SM56 VOICE XP Compatibility? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoAPA

Technical User
Oct 28, 2001
GB
Does anyone have the URL of where i can download XP drivers?
I tried the win2k drivers, they installed ok, then when i try to dial, it days " error opening port". BUT! when I tried it with hyperterminal, it dialed up ok and the port opened fine! is this a microsoft error, or dodgy drivers? (i suspect that it is a bit of both....) :cool:

Hi friends, I have too much problems with SM56 motorola Modem in my Xp. Help ME Please...

Hello, i too am having problems with this modem. But the thing is that my modem came packaged with a cd that supposedly has the windows xp drivers (the manual also states that this modem supports xp), but when i try to install it, it does not work. please help. thank you

For those who are stuck with a motorola SM56 modem, motorola has discontinued the modem business and modems are produced no more and so modem drivers aren't written either. So i suggest Windows users to go to the page

and download the required drivers. Windows XP users have to download windows 2000 drivers and install it after a clean install of Win XP on your machine. It may not work if you had UPGRADED from older versions of Windows.
It should work, and if it does, do drop me a word at chandru@swissinfo.org.
Good luck!![2thumbsup]

I would like windows XP drivers for my
Internal Lanbit Motorola chip set V.90 56Mbps Voice/Fax/Modem and
for my old Lambit Rockwell chip set external modem.

Thanking You,
Vinod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back