Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Motion Blur... Best FX for a sphere..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkymonk

Technical User
Dec 18, 2000
GB
Hi all

This may sound like a very basic thing to do but I am having trouble with it.

I have an image of a marble that I want to make look like it is speeding across the page. I have added a motion blur to it but to my horror it doesn't do what I expected.

Basicaly I just get a smear or a smudge FX and not a speeding marble.

Does anyone have any tips or can point me to a tutorial that will help me get this FX on a sphere shape..? whe you apply a motion blur to text it looks great (so long as you do it right) but I guess that's because text has shapes that give the movement FX where as a sphere doesn't.

Can anyone help..?

regards
funkymonk2.jpg

funkymonk@blueyonder.co.uk

Hey funkymonk,

Apply your motion blur to the floor and add some little partial curvers in the air above the marble and perhaps duplicate the marble layer then on the bottom layer do a filter|stylise|wind a couple of times then filter|blur|gaussian blur (3.0-5.0) to give the effect of a motion trail. See if that works out and does the trick for you.

Hope this helps!
greenjumpy.gif
NATE
design@spyderix-designz.com

Thanks Nate, it's been awhile.

I'll try this and see, I forgot about the wind FX but I reckon that may well work. As for the floor I can't do that as it's on a white background and there's nothing to blur.

One way I did try was to get a 'tracer' type fx but as the marbles round it gave it too much of a 3D FX which I didn't want.

Cheers man.
funkymonk2.jpg

funkymonk@blueyonder.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back