Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesil

MIS
Dec 9, 2003
CA
Hi,

I recently changed my power supply of my computer and now it seems the motherboard does not work at all. Luckily for me, my hardrive still runs, I'm currently running my hard drive on another pc. The pc I changed had windows xp and was wondering if there is any solution? Or am I looking to buy another motherboard?

thanks,
joe

Joe

Just changing the power supply should not affect the motherboard in any way, provided that the new PSU can provide appropriate power levels for the board and all the peripherals within the computer.

If, however, something was damaged on the motherboard during the power supply, replacement could be necessary, but it depends on what was wrong.

John

I replaced a PS and it was DOA so I took it back the shop checked it and it was a bad unit. It does happen.

It is not at all unheard of for a dying power supply to toast the motherboard, and many PCI adapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back