Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Motherboard wont recognise processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi hope someone can help me I have just bought a PIII 800/256/100 1.65v socket 370 processor, which I want to install in my ECS p6bat-a+ Rev 2.0 motherboard. I didnt get a manual with it but all the information I can find on their website says that the mb will take upto a 850mhz PIII I have the latest bios version but the computer refuses to boot up with it installed (it should auto detect)

I have set the fsb jumper to 100mhz and been into the bios to try and configure it manually whilst the old processor is in. To no avail I have managed to set the clock speed to 800 mhz although it wont go any higher (possibly because I have a celeron installed which the mb only supports up to a speed of 800mhz)

Im stumped any help please !!!!!!!!

See:

Motherboard revision indicated for Celeron 850 MHz is 2.2

Contact the manufacturer about revision 2.0, this motherboard revision is not listed.

MoBo revision 1.3 and below definitely do not support the celeron.

I recently had to purchase a new MoBo because the manufacturer made claims that were misleading (MoBo Rev. 2.X may not be the same as MoBo rev. 2.2).

My $0.02

Frak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back