Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Motherboard with ISA slots

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojo11

Programmer
Feb 2, 2003
US
I have a client who has an old voicemail machine which has voice cards that are configured with an ISA interface. He has 3 of them meaning I have to find a motherboard with 3 ISA slots. It also needs to be RAID 1 hot swap capable. These are really the only requirements. Does anyone have any suggestions? The voice cards are fairly expensive so he does not want to replace. He also is running SOC Openserver 5.0.6 which the custom voice mail software runs on.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

-------------------------------------------
When you have spent all day trying to work through a problem, it is best to take a step back, reevaluate the problem, then work on the next project and never let the old one show its ugly face again!!

jojo11, I can empathize with your situation. We have also experienced trouble upgrading some of our servers running just a single ISA voice card and RAID-5 all while Running SCO 5.0.4. We looked at switching them over to PCI but the cost was astronomical. Although I do not know of any boards off of the top of my head that support 3 ISA as well as room for a RAID card, I'll check around and see what I can come up with.

aithosn8
aithosn8@lycos.com

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Jojo11

We have some critical legacy auomation systems at my work which use ISA slots. Sine we depend on them heavily, I acquired spare PC's for them in preparation for the worst. Best solution I came up with was to get used motherboards or PC's from the mid to late 90's. They usually have 2-4 ISA slots and 3-4 PCI slots. For example, ABIT AB-PX5 mobo's, they accept Pentiums I's and AMD-K5's.

Sure you could find some on eBay.

Good Luck

-Pete

We found a machine with the following specs. This is a quote from the guy who has it.

Diversified Technologies CT20
2 375 watt externally accessible, hot swap power supplies
14 ISA slots
4 PCI slots
8 externally accessible drive bays (5 have trays and rails)
1 233Mhz Pentium processor with 128MB RAM

We need to know if we can upgrade the CPU to around 1GHz or at lease 800MHZ, as well as upgrading the memory to at least 512. We also need to find out if we can add RAID 0 (mirror) to the setup. He may not get back to me as fast as I need so with the setup above can anyone tell me if we can do what we want with it??

Thanks

-------------------------------------------
When you have spent all day trying to work through a problem, it is best to take a step back, reevaluate the problem, then work on the next project and never let the old one show its ugly face again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back