Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Motherboard upgrade now ME does not find CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwgranger

Programmer
Apr 3, 2003
US
I just upgraded to an MSI motherboard with an Intel Celeron processor. The BIOS finds both of my CD rom's, but ME does not find them. Is impossible to install the new drivers for the motherboard with out it.

Try re-booting in safe mode and check at device manager whether any cd device is present. If it is remove it and re-boot in normal mode. If this does not work, try to find any drivers of your cd on the net.

When you install a new mainboard, Windows has to install all the OS required hardware drivers, which are found in Windows itself. So when you first start it up, it will go through a series of software installations. The most important software is the IDE controller. Until then, the CDROM is not available. That is why you should always Restart your computer until all the devices are installed.
No other driver is required for CDROM's

The same thing occurs when you take a hard drive out of one computer and installed it on another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back