Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Motherboard noises heard on speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

suxcess

MIS
Oct 10, 2002
US
Have a HP Pavillion 1Ghz Athlon PC with built-in sound card. For some reason you can 'hear' the computer's processes through the sound card. Whenever you move the mouse you can hear noises on the speakers. Whenever the hard drive light activates or you perform an operation in Windows it's like you can hear the data operations through the speakers. I've disconnected and re-connected all connections to the PC, thinking a loose plug, but it's still there. I've also deleted and reinstalled the sound card drivers.

I have had this for about three months. I was originally running Windows ME but ugpraded to XP. The problem still exists.

Any advice or info would be appreciated.

If the machine is still under warranty, call HP.

The issue is not a software one. Or a loose cable. Somewhere the shielding is not sufficient, whether on the speaker cables or the speakers themselves. You should try repositioning the speakers as far away from the computer as you can. If you have another pair of speakers give them a try to see if the problem goes away.

If the leak occurs through the sound board you will have to replace the motherboard, or disable onboard sound and use a seperate sound card.

hi buddy , i had this prob before & some time , u know it is easy 2 solve at least 4 me & in some of my pc's :)
select "sound & multimedia" in "control panel" in the top choose "audio" in "sound plyback" choose "volume" now select "option" then "properties" checke all volume controls
then "OK" & also in option check the "advanced ctrl"
Now in "master volume Ctrl" try 2 mute some of controls
i think if u mute "aux" , "video" , or something like yhis u solve problem if it didn't solve then try "advaced" & uncheck or check options in "advaced" 's options
u know this solve my prob , if it didn't work sorry 4 taking ur time

Just mute the cdrom and line in. youll be fine!
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back