Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Motherboard for BCM 1000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

acewarlock

Technical User
Sep 16, 2002
US
I have had 3 BCM 1000 Motherboards go bad in the last month, does anyone know where I can get about 10 of them. My Nortel supplier can't find any. The model number on the board is Portway 97-9004-03. on the bootup screen it say's the motherboard is a PW 810-V made by Radisys Tech LTD.
Main Bois Ver 01.02.08. Any help for where I can get these boards or where I can get them tested and repaired would be greatly appreciated

I know a vendor with several (untested) MBs that they would love to get rid of cheap. Since this forum does not like users to post email addresses I am not sure of the protocol to exchange contact information.
P.S. How are you determining the MB is dead?
You may be able to revive the MB by disconnecting all telephony components and rebooting with the bios jumper removed.

NARSBARS

My email is william.haglund@vistacare.com

1 board just keeps rebooting and the others don't do anything.

The problem with these motherboards is that the electrolytic capacitors dry out and start to bulge.
Nortel stopped using these boards.
You would be better off to find out which board Nortel started using after ditching the portway boards and replace with those.

David Brillert

Or replace the capacitors if this is the problem & resurect the MB.

NARSBARS thanks for the info you sent, he has been a great help.

William

Another thing to check for is whether the CMOS battery is dead (as opposed to just low). I have run across several BCM 1000's (and for what it's worth, several other motherboards from varying manufacturers, which use a CR2032 battery) with totally dead batteries which would not even power up... replace the battery (and then perform the cmos reset as NARSBARS suggests) and all is well.

Cheers!

The Battery was OK, that was the first thing I tried. It was the Caps and Nortel replaced the whole BCM for free.

Nortel Bulletin PAA-2004-0238-GLOBEL
Dated 8 Jun 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back