Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOST SERVICES WON'T START AFTER SOPHOS IDE INSTALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jillp

Technical User
Jun 7, 2001
US
After installing monthly sophos upgrade and associated ide files to my Exchange 5.5 server the Event Service, Information Store, Internet Mail Service and Message Transfer Agent will not start.

Have had several errors including 7000, 7001, 7024 and errors 2140 and 4021. Some of my research indicates disaster recovery procedures may be my next step.

Can I get a second opinion? Preferably a different one.

TIA Jill

Hi,

I'm not familar with the software that you have installed, but before considering a rebuild of the server, make sure that you have done some of the obvious that you probably have done already!

Run your service packs again (SP6 and Exch SP4 - if using NT4).

Try un-installing the Sophos software and then running the service packs again. You never know, it may not be necessary to do a recovery.

Good luck.

Jules

Are you upgrading the mailserver manualy with a local installation or are you upgrading from a CID (Central Installatin /Directory)? This makes a difference...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back