Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Most recent entry from the table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nene75

Programmer
Feb 27, 2003
US
Hi Everyone:

Is there a way to get the record that has the most recent entry made in one of the filed? The table contains Note_Entry which is a memo field and Note_Date which is a date field. So what I want is to query out the most recent entry made for the Note to display on the Report.

Can this be done?

Any help provided would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Nene75,

If you format the date to include hh/mm (hours and minutes) then a group query with max for the date field will give you the last record.

Regards,

Dale

Do you only want one record in your report? If so, your query can sort by the date field descending and set the TOP property to 1.

Duane
MS Access MVP

Thanks Dale and Duane!

I was able to retrieve the last entry from the table but the quesry is showing multiple entries eventhough I grouped by. What am I missing or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for helping in advance!

No offense but either you ignored my questions/suggestions or just forgot to report back on your results. I generally have a strategy of problem solving that requires feedback. If I don't get the feedback I can't help.

Duane
MS Access MVP

Hi Duane:

I am sorry if I didn't get back to you with your answer.

Yes I do want the one record only from the latest note entry on the report.

Thanks for your help.

And, did you try set the TOP 1 property in the query?

Duane
MS Access MVP

Duane:

No I didn't set TOP 1 property in the query. I missed that part. How do I do that?

Thanks

View the query properties to find this. You can enter a number of records or a percent.

Duane
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back