Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Most important thing I own 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

losthope

Technical User
Jun 8, 2008
AU
Hello I am in desperate need of help and I am inclined to believe there is none. I have a Mactor internal slave drive and what happened was during a reinstallation of Windows on my main drive the drivers for my Maxtor had been deleted when I went to use it it reformatted the drive. I went and used a file recovery program and it found everything perfectly well, well half way through the recovery it froze the program, when I went to restart it I found that the first half that it had been recovering saved onto the Maxtor drive and when I went to try and use the recovery program again it no longer detected the previous partition only the "new" half of files that had been recovered. This has everything that I have ever done on it, all my pictures of lost family members, my trip pictures, my writings I have ever done etc. Is there anyway, anyway at all there is hope of getting that back, it really is the most valuable things I possess and it seems very realistic they are lost forever, any help would be hugely and greatly appreciated, thank you.

A couple of suggestions:

Get the drive out of the machine before there is further corruption.

Tell us where you are so we can possibly give you some local sources of assistance.

This is beyond diy recovery if it is as valuable as you say. You are in need of professional services.

Evaluate any suggestions. There are good recovery companies and some not so good.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Ty, I live in Turner's Falls (western) Massachusetts.

One starting point is:

They have been around about as long as the recovery business has been. They have some questions to ask of whomever you choose to do the work.

You can do a google search for "data recovery" and get a bunch of hits, but you'll need to search further to eliminate those that are "fly by nite" operations operating off the kitchen table.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

download a copy of BartsPE CD or a Knoppix Live CD and see if yoy can recover anymore.

as was stated above, you need to stop corrupting anymore of the hard drive.

boot with either of the above CDs not to you HDD

As you said, our product Data Recovery Wizard is powerful data recovery software, and it also easy to use. If you give up fixing up the partition and still need to recover the files. We suggest you'd better download our product Data Recovery Wizard Demo to have a try.
Here is the download link:
After installed our product, we recommend you choose "Complete Recovery" module to find the files you lost.
1. Choose 'Complete Recovery' to enter device list page where you will see the information of your partitions;
2. Choose the partition which you want to recover and click 'NEXT';
3. After the 'Intelligent Searching', you will see one or more partitions; choose the most likely partition and click 'NEXT'.
4. Then you will see a list of files, you can check whether there are the files you want to recover.

Data Recovery Wizard
Partition Table Doctor
EASEUS Partition Manager

edfair said:
Get the drive out of the machine before there is further corruption...This is beyond diy recovery if it is as valuable as you say. You are in need of professional services.

This is the best advice on this page. If you go trying programs willy-nilly it could worsen the chance of future recovery. Three most important words in drive recovery: STOP USING IT!!!

Tony

Users helping Users...

Do you know why I registered the account “easeusptd” and am planning to use it as my “forever” account? That’s because of Partition Table Doctor I bought from EASEUS that saved my life! I really appreciate all the help I got from there as well as the great product. I promised to them that I would recommend all their products to anyone that is in the same problem. So, here, I will sincerely recommend the Data Recovery Wizard to you to resolve the data loss problem.

It is really an amazing software!

easeusptd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back