Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Most bizarre problem in the 10 years I am in the phone business

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronromano

Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
US
We just upgraded a client from a 403 to a 406v2. We reused the two existing DS 16 modutles and an analog trunk 16. We did the uprades as it says in Tip 80. We have replaced the 406 4 times because after a period of time, the audio quality gets worse and worse. It sounds modulated and distorted. If we default the system and start over again, it works fine for a few hours then starts to get bad again.

When you call from phone to phone everything is fine.

We have tried rebuilding the config from scatch and the problem comes back. This has happened on 4 406v2s. We are in the process now of replacing the DS 16s and we have already replaced the trunk 16.

I have never seen anything like this, but hope someone out there has.

Ok. If anyone knows of a way to get notified on stuff like this immediately I would appreciate the info.

you can
go to the support site
on the right there you can click e-notifications
you need an avaya sso login account
then you can select ip office,software version etc etc etc

You know, I want to this big 4.0 kickoff meeting where guy from Avaya made abig deal about how they are testing things better. Now I not saying I found them first, but including this I've come across 3 major issues with 4.0.

So much for better testing. this is a fairly obvious one to find during testing.

What a crock, I wonder if Panasonic is accepting new dealers.

Ron trust me Panasonic is WAY worse!!!!! We left them because of how bad their support was and they had a lot more bugs with the TDA series the Avaya does. I wasn't notified at all about this and wish I was.

I am signed up for that sso email stuff but never got an email about it. I am going to look into that more, thanks Peter.

I actually had the module swapped out by Avaya (supplier didn't even know about it). Then I went to Avaya website and saw the fix release just to be sure.

The funny part is I remember reading your post about a week ago and said that there is no way we have the exact same problem with a defective piece of hardware.

Every since the new binary came out things work fantasic now.

I was kidding about Panasonic, we were DBS dealers for a long time and I am tried of FF3 Hold 0 HOLD 10608 Hold 06 Hold 071 Hold 5673548 hOLD Volume up volume down key next to the conference key OT-1 Block UP Block down auto *#

My head hurts now.

The Bulletin is on the knowledge base, I'm going to see if that work as agood way to be updated on this stuff

If anyone knows of a way to get notified on stuff like this immediately I would appreciate the info."

Check out the date on that Tech Tip....2 days ago, and we are finding out about it now. Thats about near as immediately as we can get folks.

To Us and Those Like Us, Damn Few Left

Not good enough when you have an irate customer. Why does it take an extra day to get it on the knowledge base? Why aren't the 2 in synch and why do I have to find out about it here instead of thru Avaya?

Any support call that had this issue raised should be in a database, and the follow up should come from avaya in some way. Immediate if EM is available, a little longer if they do not have your EM addy. They should be following these things up, and bringing the solution to the customer for issues reported, not making the customer have to locate the solution to the issue they already reported. The same goes for distrinutors who have support tickets opened by their BP's.
Anything less is lame. 24 hours to distribute solution info. to issues reported leaving an EM contact info. Even if the ticket has already been closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back