Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Most Annoying Words 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

CajunCenturion

Programmer
Mar 4, 2002
US
'Whatever,' Like, Totally Tops List of Most Annoying Words

For me, the most annoying word is 'like', like it appears in the like, title. :)
What word or catch phrase do you find most annoying?

--------------
Good Luck
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read
FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

You know...

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Irregardless does it for me. Also, misuse of your and you're or there, their, and they're.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Also, misuse of your and you're or there, their, and they're.

So, how do you know the difference when someone is talking? [ponder]

[wink]

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

When someone starts off a completely new thought, usually in response to a question, with "I mean". Why try and clarify yourself when you haven't said anything, yet. Just say it.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Most annoying words?

"I'm using a Mac..."

[rofl]

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Like, I mean, their has gotta be, you know, other words or cat's phrases that are totally annoying then the once in this here thread alreddy. Y'know-wahm-sayin?

Wha'ever...

p5

CC is, like, "I hate 'like' as a replacement for 'says'."

Mufasa is, like, "I hate 'all' as a replacement for 'says', as in "He's all, 'I want to go to the movies,' and I'm all, 'I want to go, too.'"

'Like'wise, I lump "goes" in the same category: "He goes, 'I got a new car. Do you want a ride?' and I go, 'Sure.'"

I despise having anyone "aks" me a question!

I severely dislike people continually 'aksing' me, "Yoam say'n'?", thus insulting me by wondering, "Do you know what I'm saying?" as if I'm too stupid to understand their already sub-par mentality.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm or risk. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

Dude" is at the top of my list.

-- Francis
I'd like to change the world, but I can't find the source code.

I can't really say this one is annoying. I've heard it a few times, and well, it's all I can do to not laugh my head off:
somebody said:
Whose baby daddy that is?

A police officer friend of mine actually told me an entire conversation he overheard on that line, and it was hilarious. Just a couple weeks later, and I overheard a similar conversation at work.

Forgive me if I didn't get it 100% correct... it's been a little while since I last heard it.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

'Actually', actually.

Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks - make sure most are the former.

My bad"

Susan
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you criticize them, you are a mile away ...
and you have their shoes.”

How about (most annoying on friday at about 4:30ish)
"Can you stay late and do..."

"NOTHING is more important in a database than integrity." ESquared

Amazing" is like fingernails on a chalkboard for me.

As soon as I hear someone say "I saw < movie title here > and it was amazing", "I tried the new Starbuck's Double Mocha Latte Carnival and it was amazing", or "James called me last night & we talked for hours...it was amazing" I know I cannot take taht person seriously.

Yes, something ARE amazing but not everything you've done since you got out of bed this morning is amazing.

Do you have a minute?"

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back