Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MORPHING MULTIPLE SHAPES on one layer. help please. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blucicada

Technical User
Apr 13, 2000
NZ
I have been teaching myself to use Flash for web animation and pages. It was slow going to start but am making headway now.<br>&nbsp;My question has arisen as I want to make an animation which would have several simple multi-shape objects moving in different directions and morphing simultaneously. Sounds complex?<br>&nbsp;All I need to know is how Flash decides which shape to morph from, if it has several shapes on the same level. I have cut and pasted some of the shapes to try to sychronise the morph shapes, and I almost had it a couple of times but it is frustrating. I guess it is the order you make the shapes in or the order they are filled in(?) Your assisstance is very greatfully appreciated. Tim

No.<br><br>Don't cut and paste as it is wasteful. Create and shapes you want as symbol/s. Put the symbols on the frame at the start and end of the animation. In each frame, choose break apart (ctrl B) to break the shapes apart at which point you will be able to motion tween from one to the other.

Wouldn't it be better to have each object on a separate layer?

But if you want to morph multiple shapes into one shape you need to have them all on the same layer.

Make the final shape on one layer.<br><br>Select the shape in several different parts.<br><br>Cut and paste each of these onto separate layers (remember that when you have pasted the shape, turn off the eye to cut it's visibility, this way you won't be selecting part of it with the next shape)<br><br>For each of these layers, create an end keypoint and set the frames to shape tween.<br><br>Now go back to keyframe one, select it and delete it.&nbsp;&nbsp;Now draw the image that you want the shape to morph from.<br><br>Play it and it works a treat.&nbsp;&nbsp;I've just tried it!

a way to control how and where it moves is pressing Ctrl + H I believe not sure that should pop up a red little ball with a lettering the middle move the to a point on the object then go to the next key frame and say where u want it to end up<br><br>Azmaramza<br><A HREF="mailto:t__whitehead@hotmail.com">t__whitehead@hotmail.com</A>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back