Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Morphing an object into another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aristarco

Programmer
Jun 19, 2000
MX
I've just started using Flash (two days including this) and I'm trying to morph an object into another, but it seems that all I can do is transform the shape of the same object. See, I can morph a square into a circle but I can't morph a man (image) into a woman (2nd image). Is there something I can do? Change software maybe?

To boldly code, where no programmer has compiled before!

unfortunately the morphing thing is there just for shapes and can't morph one photograph into another. maybe somebody else has a tip on which program to use for that effect...
i can only imagine to do it image by image in a photo editor but that is a rather exhausting thing...
anybody else knows how to do it in a faster way??

regards

tektips.gif

Bad Luck then. Now I'm trying to make some effects but I think it'll be the same problem. I have a logo and I try to make the slogan appear like if written with a laser. I did it as a demo with PhotoShop, then joined the frames in an AVI and yes, it is an exhausting work. And I must do it with Flash since it is intended to be inserted as a splash animation in a CD. Is there any way to do all this? Maybe other software from Macromedia?

Thanks to Firegambler for the answer!

If you already have the animation demo as an .avi you can import that into Flash (if you're using MX). File size shouldn't be a problem if you're aiming to put it on to CD.

OldNewbie, thanks. It's something like that. No beams though. And Wangbar, I'll try to load the avi. Thank you both.

No offense... But that would be a distortion more than a morph. [sadeyes]

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

Thanks. I went to the page and didn't work. I'll try later. I think I should use something like Elastic Reality software or those apps used by the guys at pixar. Maybe I should contact the Matrix FX team, hehehe. Thanks anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back