Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

More than one Queue Manager onthe same box

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdavaluri

Programmer
Feb 26, 2003
US
Hi
I want to run more than one MQ Queue Manager onthe same box. Created two QMgrs. No problem. However when I am accessing from the java application it fails with exception 2059. Stopped and started QMgr. Also we are using the port while setting up mq properties before sending the message.
Is the port conflicting. Original QueueManager is working fine on port 1414. Using MQ 5.1 on AIX.

Is there any where we can change the port definition of the queue manager.

If anyone has any suggestions, please provide. Appreciate very much.
Cheers,SD

Hi,
You can create as many Queue Manager as you want in the same box. But you cannot use same port number for all of them, you have to assign different ports for different Queue Manager. If you are using Windows version, open MQSeries service explorer, go to Channel Listener assign a different port for each Queue Manager and stop the queue manager and start again. Now you try to connect to different Queue Manager from your client application.
I Hope this will solve your problem, incase you face any difficulty don't hesitate to ask me.
Regards,
Ansuman.

Add line to /etc/services

#firs MQ - I think you have something like this line:
MQSeries1 1414/tcp
#second MQ - add line for new MQ
MQSeries2 1415/tcp (# if 1415 is free port)

to /etc/inetd.conf add:

#firs MQ - I think you have something like this line:

MQSeries1 stream tcp nowait mqm /<mqmtop>/bin/amqcrsta amqcrsta -m QM1

#second MQ - add line for new MQ

MQSeries2 stream tcp nowait mqm /<mqmtop>/bin/amqcrsta amqcrsta -m QM2

and restart inetd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back