Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MORE THAN ONE PAGE OPEN ON INTERNET?

Status
Not open for further replies.

celeron866

Technical User
Aug 5, 2002
CA
Hello.I was wondering how i can have more than 1 page open on the internet.Say i was in google and went to a sight ,is it possible to keep both pages open and have one minimized to the task bar?Thanks in advance!

Some links in a site are programmed to open in the same window, some will open in a new window.

You can just do a right-click on the link, and choose OPEN IN NEW WINDOW.

~free yer mind, cleanse yer soul~

or hold the shift key while doing a normal (left) click. Very fast when opening many new windows.

I do this when reading the news...I open all the articles I want to read, then close the browser. I am left with 10-20 open windows I then close as I finish them.

Just make sure the main browser window is configured so that when in a normal (i.e. not maximized) state it is fairly small...otherwise the newly opened instance will cover the screen and gets in the way. Time savings now lost...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back