Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MORE THAN AO6 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

i2006

Technical User
Jan 17, 2006
FR
Is it possible to have one conference call with 5 personnes or 6, and then one member ( not the master )try to extend this conference with 5 or 6 more???

Yes. The other member will start a new "conference", and the participant rules begin with that person. We have done this in the past, it just takes some additional coordination. Keep in mind you will be using the conferencing resources in the system, and too many of these types of calls could use up all those resources.

Hope this helps,

Scott M.

i had a 61c release 20.25 and now a succession re 4 , in my mind i had this facilities, have you any idee to implemente this Where i can setup in the phone or on the cdb??

you don't need additional software, just make sure that the conf does not exceed the conf ports on the switch.. i can conf 4 outside lines, plus an internal, that internal set can them add 5 parties to the same conf.. that daisy chain can extend as long as you have vacant conf ports.. prt the cequ, ld 22 and you'll see the conf/tds cards. a conf port is used for each transfer and each person on a conf. the transfer only takes the time between the transfer key and the connect, as long as the transfering party hangs up

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thank you i'll see on monday because now it's time to go on WE.

have a good one, guess i'm in the wronge timezone

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

You will see on Monday for me !!

are you shure that i can do that on a succession?? could you print me the setting for example??
In advance MThanks

There is no config, other than AO6 in the set(s) CLS and a conference key.

For example, make sure Set A and Set B both have AO6 set. Now Set A begins the conference call. Set A calls Set B, C, D, E and F. Set A now has a 6 party conference (AO6)in place. Set B can now conference in Sets G, H, I and J. Now you have a 10 party call. This can go on until you run out of conference resources.

Keep in mind Sets C-J can be on the PBX or external numbers.

Hope this helps,

Scott M.

A telephone that is an active member of a conference call established by the A06 key can not itself establish a conference call, therefore bringing more members into the conference, if it is on the same PBX as the telephone that created the intial conference call.

One could however dial that telephones DID number, thereby the call routes out and then back into the pbx, when bringing it into the original conference. Then that telephone could established it's own conference call bringing more members into the overall conference.

I still have the same problém all my phones have AO6 key
How can I check the setting of the conférence card?

I have had the same experience as telecomnorth. You cannot daisy change together conference calls. If you turn on the display on the phone to show the active participants, you will see that no matter who "adds" a participant to a conference call, once there are 6 participants, you cannot add any more until someone hangs up.

If you need more resources for conference calls, the answer is an MICB (Meridian Integrated Conference Bridge) card. Works great.

I don't know if it's changed as I haven't tried it latley, but I have had as many as 25 people Conf at one time using several 2616's with extra SCR Keys on them.

What PBX have you, and wich release? because apparently one a succession I need the MICB cards. this is the Nortel 'answer. I've order one for 24 channel.

If a few of the parties are on your system, and this type of call is frequent, you could add a DN to each internal participants phone - same number on all phones, then add one analog TN with that number to circumvent the inherent privacy...now one person can imitate the call, add all the external parties and then “after” that step the other "on-switch" people with that line appearance can press the line and join the call.

~
TEKIMG19K.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back