Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

More than 3 PRI's in a Norstar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsxr1000

Vendor
Aug 4, 2003
US
I am currently running 3 PRI's in an XC7.1 Norstar and I have about 120 phones and we do alot of conference calling and about 90% of our phones are in use this time of year.

Is it possible to add pots lines to the pri route so it will be seemless to the end user when making outbound calls (Outbound caller id is not an issue). We have room to add 2 trunk modules and 24 pots lines. I'm just not sure how to program the route to use the pots lines first then the pri route when they are busy.

I could only find one reference that states that you can only have a total of three DTI Cards in a MICS, that was the 2005 handbook. what strikes me as odd is the mics 7.0 lprovides programming for PRI-A, -B, -C and PRI-D and states that DTI cards can only be placed in modules 3 and 4 on the MINI or 7 and 8 on the MIDI or MAXI systems. In other words it seems by the installers guide that you might be able to add a 4th PRI.

beyond that if you want to use analog lines then use overflow routing or multiple Least cost routing. (you will have to be in one of the service modes for this to work)

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

If I'm remembering right, I think there were some limitations on the fourth, a p2p, or something.

Frankly, we don't have anyone using more than 2.

We are going to stick with just 3 PRIs, because I can only find in the documentation that only 3 pri are supported. Sounds like everyone else is saying the same. We are going to add 24 more pots lines and 2 more trunk mods. I want the PRIs to be 1st choice for outbound. During high call volume I want to use the pots lines for calling out when the pri's are full.

To program these it looks like I just need to build another route (say 002...001 is pri-a)to use (pool o), put all the pots lines in pool o
under dest codes 9any normal=002
night(I renamed to PRIFULL)1st route is 001 and 2nd route is 002
set overflow to Y
set the schedule to automatic monday-sunday 00:00 to 23:59
set the control set for all sets and all lines, except for target lines, to my control phone that I will install in the phone room.

Will the display on the sets say expensive route when they are using the pots lines, or something to that nature? I think this is the way I am reading it...

Any other suggestions?
Has anyone else proven this to work?

looks about right
it will have to stay locked in night (prifull) routing service
all the time ,so the auto setting may not be needed, just have it manual ,and turn it on

they will see expensive route in the display ,and i believe it beeps as well

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

the fourth PRI is not so much of a dosen't allow in documentation as you can't find anything more than the third PRI in documentation, even though the PRI-D is available and the documentation also says use the first slot in the 3 and 4 (or 7 and 8 ) slots.

I think with multiple least cost routing you won't get an alarm tone like you do with overflow. try both and see what is least annoying to the customer. you might want to set up a phone room phone as the services control set for this so the customer does not see "services on" all the time on the receptionist phone (221 usualy)

Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back