Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

More query problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damby

Programmer
Jan 29, 2002
CA
I am using a Dbase IV database which contains 48000 records.

To test my program (VB6), I made a new table with just 21 of the 48000 records to get results quickly. Once compiled, the program works fine and send me no error. But as long as I am running it in VB6, the First time I run it after opening VB6, I always get an ODBC error with the first query encountered by the program. Changing the sequence of the code to have another query first does not change anything.

What is strange is that it happens only the first time I execute the program. The second, third and so on times, I get no ODBC error. The error says that ODBC cannot execute the requested operation. If I resume the execution immediatly, it works!!!

My other problem, which is related to the first one I think, is that when I test the query with the full table(48000 records), it sends me the same mistake, even with the .exe program. I does not want to resume execution and sticks there. It works with a small table, but not with a big one...

I am really confused about this situation.

Some help would be appreciated.

I forgot to say that the error message number I get is -2147217887 (800040e21).

I found out what the problem was.

Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back