Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

More PERC2 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrtt

Technical User
Aug 19, 2002
GB
All

I have upgraded my perc2 firmware driver and fast to 2.7.0 and this has helped a lot.
Had to recondition my battery which took 16 hours !!

Anyway my problem is that a bit ago (see prevoius post) my raid5 set lost a disk , so after upgrading I did the restore dead raid5 partitiions and then tried doing a scrub. It then complains about a different disk , so i rescan the channel and back it comes. But every time I try to restore and scrub a different disk goes and its driving me mad :)

Any ideas ? Mine is that it doesnt like XP - the very helpful bloke who answered my last ple for help said Dell doesnt support XP on servers - This machine is only a Precision but it has a server raid card in so I guess thats why there is no XP drivers for it.

I may just whack in another hot swap OS disk and install 2000 and see what happens.

Anyway yet another long rambling post - any help will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Hugh

There are 2 perc 2 controlers one is an AMI mega raid, the other is an Adaptec. You can use the MFG drivers. The way to tell the difference is the AMI uses control m at boot to configure and the adaptec uses control a.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back