Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

More Fun with Client Agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurky

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2003
GB
What is the main cause of a Client Agent giving the E8531 Error? "Request Denied by the Client Agent"

It also means that the credentials you have supplied does not have rights to login to the server\password is incorrect.

It also means that the credentials you have supplied does not have rights to login to the server\password is incorrect."

If this is the case then how can I expand the site to see the volumes and select the files I want to backup prior to initiating a backup like I am doing now? If you are in the backup manager and you can expand the server to see the drives and files then how can it be a credential/rights issue?

Thanks.
Russell Martilla
Network Administrator - MS/Novell
Time Warner Cable of NYC

Because the job/agent has to be given credentials to access the files. The AS Manager is usually running on an administrator PC with administrator rights, and to add a server to AS manager you have to give it authentication info. So the AS manager has rights to set up the job.

The AS Manager doesn't do the backup, the job does. So, you have to tell the job the appropriate authentication info as well.

So, to sum up, you need to authenticate as the AS Manager to see the stuff you want to back up, the JOB needs to authenticate to the sever to do the backup, and the AGENT has to be given authentication credentials by the job if there is an agent being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back