Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

More Destinations 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

E3xtc

MIS
Mar 11, 2003
NZ
Hi all,

When selecting to export a report, I am under the impression that I should see more than "disk file" in the destination drop down.

How can I adjust what is shown as a destination option?

Thanks in advance
Troy

I use Crystal 8.5, though we are currently upgrading to Crystal 10. Crystal 8.5 offers 'disk' or 'application', while Crystal 10 offers these plus a couple more.

It helps to give your Crystal version, since newer versions have extra options, and some extra problems.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

Is this throught the Crystal designer, or in an application using the Crystal runtime engine?

The following .dlls are need to exporting to 'other' destinations (this is for CR 9):

u2dapp.dll
Application Export Destination DLL for Crystal Reports.
Location: \Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.0\bin

u2ddisk.dll
Disk Export Destination DLL for Crystal Reports.

u2dmapi.dll
MAPI (Microsoft Mail, Microsoft Exchange) Export Destination DLL for Crystal Reports.

u2dnotes.dll
Lotus Domino Export Destination DLL for Crystal Reports.

u2dpost.dll
Microsoft Exchange Public Folders Export Destination DLL for Crystal Reports.

u2dvim.dll
VIM Export Destination DLL for Crystal Reports.

-dave

Hi thanks all for the postings - Sorry (and this is going to sound dumb) but sadly I am not 100% confident on the version.
I know it is higher than 8 - as we upgraded from this point about 12 months ago. I have a funny feeling it is 9....

It is for exporting through an application using the runtime engine.
Specifically I am after the emailing ability - I have found the file which is referenced above however mine was in \windows\system32.
Anyhow, I have copied that file and placed it in the common files\...\2.0\bin\ however it still isn't giving me any other options.

Do I have to do anything specific to get this to be recognised?
I did run regsvr32 - however it came back saying the file was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file can not be registered.

Any thoughts on how to get this up and running.

Incidentally it is running on Win2k3 Server.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Cheers
Troy

To get your version, choose help and [About Crystal Reports]. There is a Crystal 8 and a Crystal 8.5 so it might not be 9.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

Thanks for the follow up Madawc, there is no help -> about.
The only place where I see Crystal is when previewing the reports from the application (ie it is not designer - just the runtime)....however when I right click on the dll for the disk location destination and look at the version it says version 9.2.0.541....so looking as though it is v9...

Does this shed any light?

Cheers
Troy

You are NOT running Crystal Reports, you are running another application that has a small set of Crystal Report files embedded in it...you only have the RPT VIEWER, not the full Crystal Application.

The company or person who developed that application may not have compiled the application with all the download types embedded.

I would say you need to go back to the vendor/developer of your application....

Righto - thanks for the tip - I was under the impression that adding the files mentioned above would create the necessary links in the chain to get it working...

Obviously not....will contact the vendor.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers

Can anyone confirm that this is more than likely a compilation issue that needs to be resolved by the developer - as they are claiming that this is not the case...

Just need some ammo and substance...

Thanks for any assistance on this one...

Cheers
Troy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back