Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

More Caller ID issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

regscott

Technical User
Dec 6, 2007
My system is a Definity G3si V11 with an R011i software load. I am trying to change the caller ID information when calling from a specific extension. I have completed the “ch isdn public-unknown networking” command. It seems to work for local calls which go out on my trunk group #1 which are ISDN trunks. However when we make a long distance call from that same extension (which routes to my trunk group #2 and is an AT&T long distance tie trunk) the caller ID information is unchanged. When I tried to enter trunk #2 in the “ch isdn public-unknown networking” command it states that this is not an ISDN trunk and wont accept it. Is there a way to change caller ID info on the long distance TIE line?

i dont think you can guarantee cid on ld calls. you may have to contact the vendor and ask them to allow you to override the BTN

Since your TG 2 LD group is not ISDN, the only calling party number that can be sent along in the AT&T network is either nothing, or one filed on the TG in the AT&T Switch. Do your calls come up "unknown" on the far end?

Tes, all LD calls show up as UNKNOWN.

I have the same issue on an enterprise s8710 running CM 3.0 I have an AT&T LD tie trunk that multiple locations use for LD calls. All calls say "unknown." AT&T informed me they can display nothing, or 1 specific phone number, ie the billing number. They also stated they will pass whatever I give to them, however I don't believe that is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back