Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

More ArcServe issues, restore seems to corrupt database

Status
Not open for further replies.

corpanarchy

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2002
GB
Hi there,

Right, here's what I'm trying to do:

Restore a mail file for a user from December, relatively simple job, however:

1. When I attempt to restore the file from any tape it's been writ to, I receive a 6500 and then 3051 tape connectivity error message.

2. Device can see all but one tape, which was only recently placed back into the media pool.

3. After running an attempted restore, the database is pruned entirely. In the Restore manager, the session I just tried to restore from is completely gone, with only the tape and media label left.

4. Database recover gives me 3051, session unreadable

5. Merge database gives me error 3841, which supposedly means the tape is damaged

6. Scan media jobs work, so there is connectivity to the tapes and the astask can find them.

A Restore was done in December for a user with no issues. We have been deleting the *.qsd files upon advice for hanging backup job issues.

Anyone seen this before? Any advice? I tell ya, I'm never purchasing this product again!!!

Right!

My own solution:

Clean the tape drive, everything connects now
*Must* stop and start the database engine in ArcServe after merging, otherwise it falls over and causes a fatal oe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back