Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monthly Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2000
US
I have a database in which entries are placed in different views (month) according to dates. How do I pull up the specified data for that a particular month only?

LuckieIrie,

Depending on how your data is formatted, you have several options. First, you will need to determine if the documents being captured in the current view have date-formatted fields which can be referenced easily in view selection formulas. For instance, if you have a date formatted field called postdate which stores the document creation date in Notes data format, and you wish to show only documents which have been created in the last month, then you can place the following formula in the view selection formula:

SELECT (postdate>@Adjust(0;-1;0;0;0;0))

If you do not have a specific date field on each document which stores the document creation date, you can substitute the formula @Created for the field postdate giving you:

SELECT (@Created>@QAdjust(0;-1;0;0;0;0))

Keep in mind that there is a trade-off to consider when building views based on date criteria. It will take longer to index and open these views. Let me know if you come across any obstacles implementing these suggestions, or if you need help in displaying documents from a specific month, day or year.

HTH,
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back