Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monthly date ranges 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sclark415

Programmer
Mar 17, 2003
US
I am using Crystal 10, Enterprise 10 on SQL Server. I have to create a report that produces a total count of claims by month for all of 2003, and 2004. Can you help me please? I am at a loss. I have suppressed my detail, and have come up with 01/04 (I am doing 2004 first) total, but don't know how to proceed.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

The simplest approach would be to insert a crosstab in the report header or footer. Use {table.date} as the column field, and while it is selected in the crosstab expert, go to ->group options and check "Print on change of months". Then for your summary field, insert "count of {table.claim}".

-LB

LBass,

Thank you so much for your assistance. This is what I needed. I appreciate your help!

I need help with this too. I have CR9

I have multiple years to report on and when I use Month as the column header (in crosstabs)and Year as a row header the results display months for each year, so I have 2 or 3 sets of months as headers.

I only want the month to display once on top like this
jan feb mar apr

instead of
jan02 feb02 mar02 jan03 feb03 mar03 -- and so on

I can write formula as datepart or just month() but these return only numbers - I need the abbreviated month name to appear instead of numbers. When I convert numbers to names I lose my sort order - it turns into alpha ascending.

Excel and Access can do this - Crystal seems to want to define the year even if its not the chosen format.

If anyone knows how to do this please help.

Thanks
Michele in Reno [hourglass]

Use the following formula {@month} for your column field:

month({table.date})

Then highlight the column field->group options->customize group name->use a formula to customize name->x+2 and enter:

monthname({@month})

-LB

Once again, Your Brilliant!

Thank you it's perfect and it sorts in the right order too.

I voted for you, again.

Michele [2thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back