Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monthly aggregation for DB2 V7 in Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

russula

Programmer
Nov 30, 2006
DE
Hi ALL,

it looks like big problem. I have database in DB2 V7 (old one) and I need to count records on the monthly base. The field in the table is date, so I have to perform some calculation to make just only month. But when I create Universe with grouping by this month, it doesn't work because DB2 V7 doesn't allow use formula in GROUP BY statement.
For example, this one doesn't work:

GROUP BY
month(table.REC_DATE_ENTERED)

If I create query manually, I do SELECT from SELECT to solve this problem. But I can't force Universe to do the same way. All my reports are based on monthly or weekly aggregating. Is there any solution for it?
I have only SELECT rights for DB, can't create additional fields in the table or additional table, even can't create DB link to any external data sources.

We have BO XI R2.

Thanks in advance.

well....There is a parameter you can set for the universe. I believe it's GROUPBYCOL. Check into it. You can add it to your universe parameters, GROUPBYCOL=YES, or modify the PRM file for DB2.

Try searching for GROUPBYCOL and you'll see 37 articles about it. HO has many DB2 customers, so you know there is an easy answer.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Thank you, skrandel. The link you gave was the first where I checked. I posted even my question where. But nobody answered until now.

I tried GROUPBYCOL=YES, that caused GROUP BY 1 while creating query. And error during running. From what I understood, it works with SAS, but not with DB2.

Have you called tech support? Business Objects has thousands of DB2 customers. Someone has solved this problem.

My guess it that this is due to the old version of DB2.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back