Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitoring WINS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2002
GB
We are having a problem with our wins servers (we think!!) in that they are showing as having 36,998 failed queries and 19,275 successful queries. I think this is not right!! Is there a way to monitor what the failed queries are so that we can try and track down the problems? We have 2 servers and I am pretty sure that they are replicating OK so I cannot understand why we are having failed queries.
Any help would be great
Thanks Craig

We have almost as many failed queries as successful ones, I have always thought this to be normal.

Are you experiencing slow network/name resolution >

Maybe you are right? I have only started to look into WINS but I cannot understand WHY we have so many failed lookups, where are they coming from?

I thought perhaps machines that had been turned off etc, but since you have brought it up here I await someone more enlightened on the subject to post.

I'll double check the figures on our WINS server and report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back