Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitoring Tuxedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwomack11

Technical User
Jun 20, 2001
US
Two part question:

How do I find out which version of Tuxedo I am running?

Has anyone written a shell script to monitor tuxedo servers and restart them when they go down?

-thanks!

The Tuxedo version number displays when you boot up the Tuxedo servers using tmboot; alternatively, it is written at the start of the ULOG files when a new file is started.
Tuxedo includes some functionality for restarting servers when errors are detected; the times I've seen them die have been due to a buffer overrun bug in the service code, or due to memory shortage on the Unix server we were running on.

Hi,

if you have Tuxedo on unix, try
tmadmin -v
Also, there should be an entry of the version in your tuxedo-licensefile.

Like yaffle said, you can also grep the Ulog.

For the processes, you can make the configuration in te tuxedoconfigurationfile (restart yes and how many restarts)....like yaffle said.

Hope it helps

Rapace

I´m making this job for years. Everytime, I think I have nailed it, it´ll get hammered.

You can set the RESTART parameter to Y if you want the server to restart. The RCMD, MAXGEN, and GRACE parameters are relevant to a server if RESTART=Y.

Search the docs on the BEA site for RESTART and it explains it pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back