Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitoring tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris72

Technical User
Jul 3, 2013
NZ
Hi

Hope someone out here can help, I've been looking for a monitoring tool for my avaya environemnt, have been looking at nectar and prognosis, but just stumbled accross something called virsae (
Seems to do a lot more with the expert system testing rolled in - does anyone have any experience of it.

What is anyone else out there using? any recommendations, or things to avoid

many thanks

B

Nectar is a great product and it's a monthly fee. Prognosis is a pretty expensive product if you're a large environment and you own it. Not sure of others.. alot of BP's are selling their flavor of Nectar and branding it something different.

Wpetilli,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Does Nectar do any automated fault resolution? I have a twitchy Call Centre Manager (for good reason after a bad experience with another technology) demanding that someone is in to check the system is fit for purpose in the morning, if we can ge something that she can see is resolving issues as they happen, I might be allowed a slight lie in....

Been looking at Expert System, but that makes Prognosis look cheap, although i could sell a kidney......

Many of the BP's that have branded this product offer proactive monitoring. Not sure how the pricing tiers work for that.

You can also check out They were at IAUG this year and had a good product from what I saw. One of the BPs there recommended them and said their pricing was reasonable.

Thanks for taking the time to reply - I'm going to have a demo of Virsae next week - let me know if anyone is interested in my findings

Just an update for you all.

had a look at Virsae this week, to be honest blown away with what it can do, not just a monitoring tool but build round the ITIL framework, a very nice fit at a damn reasonable price.

Don't want to say too much on here in case I get kicked off (No I don#t work for them), but there is a greater BP in the UK selling it, looks like we will move our support contract over to them. A real different proposition for support at a great price.

Thanks everyone for your input, and please feel free to message me if you want more details

We just stood up Nectar. I love it so far! we have some QOS issues in 2 markets and now I have something to show the network guys and ATT.

A question for the Nectar folks here on this thread... have you had an issue with the 9611 phones not showing a trace route? 9630s and 9650s seem to work fine... I am about to open up a ticket with Avaya.

PhoneTSAR

I had a look at alarmtraq - the option I've gone for includes (Virsae) provides a similar functionality, but has much more comprehensive reporting, I get capacity management (detailed usage reports on my announcements), configuration management, release manager etc.

We are very much an ITIL house so this fits in nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back