Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitoring tools, and MS Patches on Symposium Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

rorton

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2005
GB
We currently run Symposium 4.2 on a Windows 2000 Server

The server is still running SP2 for Win2k, and no extra patches have been added. Our maintainer are quite in the dark about Symposium functioning OK with SP4, and allowing us to constantly update MS Patches when they become available.

Anyone else running SP4 for Windows 2000, and updating patches regularly with no issues?

Also, we have no Antivirus on the server, and need to install NAV v9, and finally a Server Monitoring Application called Foglight.

Anyone know of any issues adding virus protection, and monitoring software to the Symposium Box?

Thanks

According the latest ServicePacks Compatibility & Hotfix Applicability June05 list:
Yes (validated with SU09S, and must required SU08S or higher)

As long as your virus software does not utilize more than 50% of your CPU you should be fine.

Before you apply the Microsoft SP, get your SCCS patches up to date. And yes, if you do that, you can run SP4 and most hotfixes. Nortel issues a Hotfix Compatibility Matrix at least monthly; your vendor has access to this. As to the antivirus, the specific configuration parameters can be found in the Installation NTP or on Nortel's document regarding Symposium platforms; again, your vendor should have this for you. I will give you more specific direction once I get into the office tomorrow, if you need it.

thanks, thered was an issue i remember with some of the symposium patches, i think it was SU13?
We are going ICM next year, and im sure there is an issue running SU13 if you goto ICM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back