Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitoring Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmbucky

IS-IT--Management
Nov 18, 2002
US
We are a small shop - 50 users - me for tech help. I have no formal training on GroupWise but usually can tell when things aren't working. I can also tell when we need to call in for help. BUT . . .

Last week we had e-mails coming into the system but they weren't going out of the system. Mail within our mailbox worked fine. I didn't see or understand this until the next day. This is unacceptable to the top people that we would not know that this was happening.

So, my question - what should I be checking? Is there some alerts that could be sent? Is there anything that might help in the future so I know that messages are piling up??

GroupWise 6 - just put on patch 4 (after this problem)
Netware 6

Thanks!

Was it piling up in the \wpgate\gwia\receive directory? You could have a program check for the number of files in the send and receive directories. There should never be very many.

Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure where they were sitting. We had a consultant in to look at it. But assuming that is the right directory - is there any automated way to be told when this is filling up??

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back